Chicken soup is food for the soul, ready in 35 minutes!
The ingredient of Easy chicken noodle soup
- 1.5 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 small carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 200g pappardelle pasta, broken into large pieces
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thickly sliced
- Extra 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy chicken noodle soup
- Combine stock, carrot, bay leaves and thyme in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add pasta to stock mixture. Return to the boil. Cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken into large pieces. Add to soup with celery. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until celery is just tender and chicken heated through. Discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Serve soup sprinkled with thyme leaves.
Nutritions of Easy chicken noodle soupcalories: 325.518 calories
fatContent: 2.4 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 0.9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 42.6 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 31.2 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 65 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1030 milligrams sodium