The ingredient of Lettuce, pea & rocket soup
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, finely sliced
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, finely shredded
- 1 bunch fresh rocket, chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 cups (300g) frozen minted peas, thawed
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/3 cup (60g) macadamias, chopped
- Crusty bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Lettuce, pea & rocket soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the leek, lettuce and rocket. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the stock and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in peas and cook a further 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a food processor or use a hand blender and process until smooth.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Combine parsley and macadamias and sprinkle over the soup. Serve soup with crusty rolls.
Nutritions of Lettuce, pea & rocket soupcalories: 280.108 calories
fatContent: 21 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 9 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 23 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1127.39 milligrams sodium