For a spicy kick, add a dash of Tobasco to this creamy corn soup.
The ingredient of Corn soup with capsicum puree
- 2 red capsicums, quartered
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- Dash of Tabasco
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 6 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pure (thin) cream
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Corn soup with capsicum puree
- For the capsicum puree: Preheat the grill to high. Place capsicum on a baking tray lined with foil under the grill for 20 minutes or until skin is charred. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, peel capsicums and place in a blender with garlic and Tabasco. Whiz until a smooth puree, loosening with a little stock or water if necessary. Season and set aside.
- To prepare the soup: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion, carrot, leek and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until the carrot is tender.
- Add the corn and cook for a further 3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove and set aside 1/3 cup kernels to use as a garnish.
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth. If desired, pass the soup through a sieve for a smoother texture.
- Return soup to the pan and place over low heat. Add cream and lemon juice and stir until warmed through. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with capsicum puree. Garnish with coriander and corn kernels.
Nutritions of Corn soup with capsicum pureecalories: 236.61 calories
fatContent: 12 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 8 grams sugar
proteinContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 697.76 milligrams sodium