Nourish the soul with this deliciously hearty soup.
The ingredient of Potato and crispy bacon soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 100g (6 rashers) thinly sliced streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 6 fresh marjoram sprigs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon Massel vegetable stock powder
- 1.2L (6 cups) water
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream, plus extra to serve
- Chargrilled crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato and crispy bacon soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 4-6 minutes, or until crisp. Add the marjoram and cook for a further minute. Transfer the bacon and marjoram to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the potato and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock powder and water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender. ! Remove 1 cup of the potato and set aside. Remove soup from heat and add the sour cream. Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Divide the reserved potato between serving bowls. Top with soup. Sprinkle over bacon and marjoram and top with a dollop of sour cream. Drizzle with extra olive oil and season with pepper, if desired. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Potato and crispy bacon soupcalories: