Warm yourself up this winter with this low-fat pea soup which is as easy on the budget as it is on the waistline.
The ingredient of Minted pea soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup mint leaves (see note)
- 1kg frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup extra-light sour cream, to serve
- Small mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Minted pea soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Add mint and peas. Cover and return to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until peas are tender but still bright green. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, pepper and mint leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Minted pea soupcalories: 291.341 calories
fatContent: 7.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 29.4 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 491 milligrams sodium