Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of low-kilojoule chicken soup in this easy recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken and spring vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 7 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (see variation)
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed (see note)
The instruction how to make Chicken and spring vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek and cook for 5 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
- Cut 4 wide strips of lemon rind, avoiding white pith. Add rind, stock and water to saucepan. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate saucepan of salted boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Add pasta, chicken, zucchini and peas to stock. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove lemon rind from soup. Ladle soup into bowls. Season and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and spring vegetable soupcalories: 349.657 calories
fatContent: 12.5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 26.8 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 32.5 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 66 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1451 milligrams sodium