Pasta, tasty bacon and loads of vegies make this a filling and healthy meal.
The ingredient of Teddy bear soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 140g (1 cup) dried mini teddy bear pasta (see note)
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- Coarsely grated parmesan (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Teddy bear soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon, celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the bacon is golden.
- Add the stock and tomato to the bacon mixture. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in the peas. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with parmesan, if desired, to serve.
Nutritions of Teddy bear soupcalories: 216.295 calories
fatContent: 7.5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 9 grams protein