A hearty comforting minestrone soup for those cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Minestrone soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g pancetta
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery sticks
- 6 cups beef consomme
- 1 x 400g can Italian diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 zucchini
- 1 x 400g can rinsed cannellini beans
- Parmesan, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Minestrone soup
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large saucepan. Cook 250g pancetta, 1 onion, 1 carrot, all chopped, and 2 celery stalks, sliced. Stir and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add 6 cups beef consomme, 1 x 400g can Italian diced Roma tomatoes, 2 tablespoons tomato paste and sea salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, simmer, cover for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add 1 cup small shell pasta, 1 cup finely shredded cabbage, 1/2 cup frozen peas and 1 zucchini, chopped. Boil uncovered for 8-10 mins. Stir through 1 x 400g can rinsed cannellini beans. Serve with parmesan and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Minestrone soupcalories: 387.658 calories
fatContent: 13 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 24 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 24 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 2219.12 milligrams sodium