With the salty prosciutto and sage, this tender lamb leg make for a tastebud-tingling main.
The ingredient of Roast leg of lamb with sage and prosciutto
- 2kg lamb leg
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 small Sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 600g zucchini, halved lengthways, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
The instruction how to make Roast leg of lamb with sage and prosciutto
- Position 1 shelf above centre position in oven and 1 shelf below. Preheat to 210u00b0C. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Cut 12 small holes about 1.5cm deep into lamb.
- Cut 6 slices prosciutto in half lengthways. Roll 1 sage leaf and 1 garlic slice tightly in each slice of prosciutto. Press 1 prosciutto roll into each cut in lamb. Brush 2 teaspoons oil over lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Place on top shelf. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Place potato, 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Arrange potato around lamb. Reduce oven to 180u00b0C. Roast for a further 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin, zucchini and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat. Place in oven on shelf below lamb. Roast lamb and vegetables, turning vegetables once, for 30 minutes. Place remaining prosciutto over lamb. Roast for a further 10 minutes for medium lamb or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer lamb and prosciutto to a large plate. Cover loosely with foil. Transfer potatoes to baking tray with pumpkin and zucchini. Increase oven temperature to 230u00b0C. Roast vegetables for a further 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Drain excess fat from roasting pan into a saucepan. Add wine and stock to roasting pan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, stirring with a fork to dissolve baked-on residue on base of pan. Boil gently for 3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Serve lamb with roast vegetables and gravy.
Nutritions of Roast leg of lamb with sage and prosciuttocalories: 706.723 calories
fatContent: 34 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 10 grams sugar
proteinContent: 72 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 211 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1348.35 milligrams sodium