*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Oxtail soup
- 1.5kg oxtail pieces
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches long)
- 3 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- 2 tablespoons ginger wine
- Water, to cover
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Oxtail soup
- Place all the ingredients to the pressure cooker, cover with water.
- Bring to boil for about 45 minutes. Wait for air to clear from pressure cooker, before opening the cooker. (Alternatively, add all ingredients to a large heavy-based pot with lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 4 hours.)
- The oxtail should be very tender. Enjoy it with noodles or steam rice.
Nutritions of Oxtail soupcalories: