Make the ultimate burrito with this slow-roasted shredded lamb topped with marinated capsicums, fresh coriander and yoghurt.
The ingredient of Slow-roasted Cajun lamb burritos
- 1.8kg Coles Australian Lamb Shoulder Roast Bone In
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 450g pkt family size microwave brown rice
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, extra
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 large tortillas
- 1/2 cup marinated fire-roasted red pepper strips (roasted capsicum)
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-roasted Cajun lamb burritos
- Preheat oven to 150C. Place a rack in a large roasting tray. Use a small, sharp knife to make shallow cuts on the surface of lamb. Season. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Remove from heat.
- Combine Cajun seasoning, lemon zest, 1 garlic clove, salt and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Place lamb on rack in the roasting tray. Pour stock into the tray. Cover with foil and roast for 3-3 1/2 hours or until the lamb is browned and very tender. Remove the foil and shred meat with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions. Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. Add remaining garlic, spring onion and extra Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add rice, chopped coriander and lemon juice and stir to combine. Season.
- Divide rice mixture among tortillas. Top with lamb, capsicum, coriander leaves and a dollop of yoghurt. Roll to enclose filling.
Nutritions of Slow-roasted Cajun lamb burritoscalories: