No meat doesnt mean no taste and this recipe for minted haloumi with roast vegetables proves the point.
The ingredient of Minted haloumi with roast vegetables
- 500g haloumi
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 400ml milk
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated
The instruction how to make Minted haloumi with roast vegetables
- Make mint marinade: Combine all ingredients in a ceramic dish.
- Slice each block of haloumi lengthways into 6 pieces. Add haloumi to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight (see note).
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine carrots, beans, zucchini, capsicum, onion, garlic and eggplant in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until light golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. Remove haloumi from marinade, allowing some of the mint to remain on the cheese. Press 1 side of haloumi into flour to coat. Turn over and repeat. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi, in batches, for 4 minutes on each side or until light golden.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, crusty bread and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Minted haloumi with roast vegetablescalories: 625.224 calories
fatContent: 44 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 14 grams sugar
proteinContent: 34 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 80 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 3683.51 milligrams sodium