Healthy and hearty, this Portuguese roast chicken makes week night meals exciting again.
The ingredient of Portuguese roast chicken
- 2kg whole chicken
- 350g mild chorizo sausages, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1kg baby coliban potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Portuguese roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Remove excess fat from chicken cavity. Wipe inside and out with paper towel. Tie chicken legs together with unwaxed kitchen string.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Season with salt. Place chorizo, tomatoes and potatoes around chicken. Roast for 1 hour. Combine stock, sultanas, mustard and vinegar in a jug. Pour over chicken. Roast for a further 2 hours.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Cover with foil and stand for 15 minutes to rest. Turn off oven. Keep chorizo mixture warm in oven. Serve chicken with chorizo mixture and green beans.
Nutritions of Portuguese roast chickencalories: 768.624 calories
fatContent: 24 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 15 grams sugar
proteinContent: 88 grams protein
sodiumContent: 904.33 milligrams sodium