Shop smart, zoom home and get cooking, then spend the time you save enjoying summer nights. This five-ingredient meal makes it easy.
The ingredient of Polenta with roast tomatoes, rocket & parmesan
- Olive oil spray
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
- 50g shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Polenta with roast tomatoes, rocket & parmesan
- Spray a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with oil. Line the base with non-stick baking paper. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes away from the side of the pan. Pour into the prepared cake pan. Smooth the surface. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place tomato, cut-side up, on the tray. Drizzle over 2 teaspoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat grill on high. Cut the polenta into 8 wedges. Place on a baking tray. Brush with the juices from the tomato. Cook under grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine the vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl. Place the watercress and parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Divide the watercress mixture, polenta and tomato among serving plates.
Nutritions of Polenta with roast tomatoes, rocket & parmesancalories: 356.11 calories
fatContent: 18 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 10 grams protein