Traditional chicken soup is said to cure the common cold. This healthy recipe uses lots of different herbs and spices to enhance the flavour.
The ingredient of Chicken soup
- 4 (about 900g) chicken thigh cutlets, skinned, excess fat trimmed
- 1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley stems
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2L (8 cups) water
- 1/2 teaspoon whole Masterfoods Black Peppercorns
- Sea salt flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley, extra
The instruction how to make Chicken soup
- Combine chicken, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, water and peppercorns in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a clean work surface. Hold with tongs and cut the chicken meat from the bones. Discard bones. Tear the chicken meat and add to the soup.
- Taste and season with sea salt. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken soupcalories: 457.446 calories
fatContent: 16.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 2.7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 66.1 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 200 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 368 milligrams sodium