Bursting following lighthearted blueberries and zippy lemon flavor, this baked French toast casserole is definite for spring and summertime brunches. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Lemon Blueberry Baked French Toast Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound day-old challah
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups accumulate milk help 2 Tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons zested
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blithe blueberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
The instruction how to make Lemon Blueberry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350u00b0F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt and whisk until smooth. Add to bread cubes, then add blueberries, and fold with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer bread mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake French toast on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a piece comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Check to see that French toast is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow French toast to cool in dish for at least 10 minutes. Prior to serving, plate toast (cut as desired), then sift powdered sugar over the top. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.
Nutritions of Lemon Blueberry Baked French Toast Casserolecalories: 160 calories
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams
cholesterolContent: 195 milligrams
fatContent: 6 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 8 grams
saturatedFatContent: 2.5 grams
sodiumContent: 115 milligrams
sugarContent: 17 grams