Kids will just love this delicious roast tomato soup with fun toast stars which is also vegan friendly.
The ingredient of Roasted tomato soup with toast stars
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1kg vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 600ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 100g alphabet pasta or risoni
- 2 slices bread, toasted
The instruction how to make Roasted tomato soup with toast stars
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole, add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes, garlic, and sugar, and season well with salt and pepper. Roast uncovered in oven for 20 minutes, then allow mixture to cool. Puree in a blender, adding a little of the stock if the mixture is too thick. Return to pan and add remaining stock. Bring to the boil, add pasta and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cut stars from toast slices with a star cutter, and serve with soup.
Nutritions of Roasted tomato soup with toast starscalories: 210.32 calories
fatContent: 10 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 443.42 milligrams sodium