This vibrant ratatouille is a delicious vegetarian main.
The ingredient of Roasted vegetable ratatouille
- 1 large (about 400g) eggplant, ends trimmed, cut into batons
- 3 (about 350g) green zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into batons
- 6 (about 350g) yellow squash, ends trimmed, halved, thickly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, scrubbed, ends trimmed, halved lengthways, cut into 5cm-long pieces
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 3-4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 1/5 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (about 500g) ripe egg tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp warm water
The instruction how to make Roasted vegetable ratatouille
- Preheat oven to 230C. Place the eggplant, zucchini, squash, capsicum, carrot, onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large roasting pan. Season with pepper and toss to combine. Cook in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the tomato. Cook, turning occasionally, for a further 15 minutes or until tomato softens. Remove from oven.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the roasting pan. Squeeze the pulp from the skin into a small bowl and use a fork to mash until smooth. Add the vinegar, water and the remaining oil, and whisk to combine. Drizzle the ratatouille with garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with rice (see notes).
Nutritions of Roasted vegetable ratatouillecalories: 89.625 calories
fatContent: 4 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 4 grams protein