Crispy chicken parmigiana served with a side of vegetables for the ultimate home-cooked meal.
The ingredient of Chicken parmigiana
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 50g parmesan
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 chicken schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 60g baby rocket
The instruction how to make Chicken parmigiana
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1/2 the basil. Combine chopped basil, onion, tomato, 1/2 the vinegar and 2 teaspoons of remaining oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Shave 1/2 the parmesan. Set aside. Finely grate remaining parmesan. Combine grated parmesan and breadcrumbs on a large plate. Place flour on a large plate. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs and 1 tablespoon water together in a shallow dish.
- Coat 1 piece of chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to prepared tray. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes or until mozzarella has melted.
- Combine rocket, shaved parmesan, remaining basil, vinegar and oil in serving bowls. Thickly slice chicken. Arrange eggplant and chicken around rocket salad. Spoon over tomato mixture. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken parmigianacalories: 694.773 calories
fatContent: 33.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9.7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 39.3 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 55.3 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 217 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 595 milligrams sodium