It may take a little time, but the taste of this risotto is well worth the effort.
The ingredient of Roasted sweet potato & zucchini risotto
- 800g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 30g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- 4 (about 450g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 70g (1 cup) shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- Shredded parmesan, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted sweet potato & zucchini risotto
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place sweet potato on tray and spray with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock and wine just to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until grains appear glassy.
- Add a ladleful (about 125ml/ 1/2 cup) of stock mixture to the rice mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add the stock mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy.
- Add the zucchini and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add the sweet potato and lemon rind and stir until just combined. Top with extra parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Roasted sweet potato & zucchini risottocalories: 718.912 calories
fatContent: 14 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 120 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 15 grams sugar
proteinContent: 20 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1840.65 milligrams sodium