Give roast chicken an Italian zesty twist with this garnish.
The ingredient of Gremolata chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli (optional), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 small zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthways (a mandoline is ideal)
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded basil leaves
The instruction how to make Gremolata chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook chicken, skinside down, for 5-6 minutes until skin is golden. Arrange chicken, skin-side up, on the tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon lemon juice and scatter with onion and chilli, if using, then season. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, for the gremolata, lightly toss the garlic, lemon zest, mint and basil together in a bowl until combined. Season and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and peas and cook for a further 1 minute or until the vegetables are just tender. Drain.
- Toss the vegetables with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then season and arrange on serving plates. Arrange the chicken on top and scatter with gremolata. Top with parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Gremolata chickencalories: 705.289 calories
fatContent: 56 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 4 grams sugar
proteinContent: 44 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 205 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 160.67 milligrams sodium