Try this incredibly succulent pork roast filled with sweet fruit stuffing. For the best ever crackling, make sure to look at the notes section.
The ingredient of Roast pork with apricot and grape stuffing
- 50g butter
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 100g green seedless grapes, chopped
- 2kg rolled pork loin, scored
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Gravy, to serve
- Peas, steamed, to serve
- Sugar snap peas, steamed, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast pork with apricot and grape stuffing
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and pecans. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is just softened. Add garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Add breadcrumbs, apricots and grapes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Discard string from pork. Unroll. Pat dry with paper towel. Place on a board, rind-side down. Slice crossways through thickest part of meat, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Open out to form 1 large piece. Press stuffing over pork. Roll up to enclose. Tie up with kitchen string at 3cm intervals. Place on a lightly greased wire rack in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and rub into rind.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until skin starts to crisp and crackle. Reduce oven temperature to 180C/160C fan-forced. Cook for a further 1 hour 10 minutes or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the centre of pork. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 15 minutes to rest. Slice. Serve with gravy and steamed peas and sugar snap peas.
Nutritions of Roast pork with apricot and grape stuffingcalories: 738.988 calories
fatContent: 49.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 19.1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.6 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 54.7 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 121 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1492 milligrams sodium