Sweet pears and crunchy walnuts add a wonderful flavour and texture to this fabulous roast chicken.
The ingredient of Roast chicken with pear and walnut stuffing
- 1 (about 1.6kg) whole free-range chicken
- 1 slice rye bread, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 William pear or Packham pear, halved, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 30g (1/4 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Brussels Sprouts, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with pear and walnut stuffing
- Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine bread, pear, onion, walnut, chopped sage and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into chicken cavity.
- Run your fingers under the skin of the chicken breast to loosen and create a pocket. Press the butter and sage leaves into the pocket. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie the legs together.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the chicken, breast-side up, in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from the chicken. Roast for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Cut into pieces and serve with the mash and brussels sprouts.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with pear and walnut stuffingcalories: 453.383 calories
fatContent: 31 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 36 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 191 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 198.21 milligrams sodium