The blend of ginger and cloves in this stir-fry infuses the chicken with the flavours of Asia.
The ingredient of Chicken with shallots
- 12 (about 1.8kg) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 8cm lengths
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken with shallots
- Combine the chicken, ginger, garlic, five spice, cloves, tamari, lemon juice, vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Heat one-quarter of the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add the shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Add one-quarter of the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Place in a bowl. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Add marinade to wok and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken.
- Divide chicken among serving plates and top with shallots. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Chicken with shallotscalories: 420.64 calories
fatContent: 28 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 1 grams sugar
proteinContent: 40 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 178 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 658.98 milligrams sodium