Once youve tried homemade gnocchi, youll never go back. In this recipe, gnocchi is tossed with roasted pumpkin, goats cheese and walnuts.
The ingredient of Gnocchi with roasted pumpkin and goats curd
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (55g) walnut halves
- 100g butter
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 200g goatu2019s curd
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 (about 1kg) desiree potatoes
- 1/2 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup (115g) plain flour
The instruction how to make Gnocchi with roasted pumpkin and goats curd
- To make the gnocchi, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 25-30 minutes or until tender when checked with a sharp knife.
- Remove from heat and drain well. Set aside for 30 minute to cool. Use a small sharp knife to peel and discard potato skins. Use a potato ricer to mash potato until very smooth. Alternatively, mash potato in a pan with a fork, then push through a fine sieve. Place in a large bowl. Add the parmesan and egg yolk and stir to combine. Add the flour and mix until well combined and a firm, but slightly sticky dough forms (if dough is too soft, gradually add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and dust with flour. Divide dough into 4 even portions. Roll a portion out to a 2cm-thick, 40cm long log. Use a small sharp knife to cut log into 2cm lengths. Roll each length into a ball and place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining logs.
- Use a lightly floured fork to gently roll each gnocchi to create a light ridge pattern.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Place the pumpkin on an oven tray and drizzle with oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the walnut to the tray and roast for a further 3-4 minutes or until walnuts are lightly toasted.
- Heat the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the sage leave and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Continue cooking butter until it is a nutty brown colour. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil over medium heat. Add one-quarter of the gnocchi. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi rise to the surface of the pan. Use a slotted spoon to remove and transfer to the pan with burnt sage butter. Repeat with remaining gnocchi. Add the pumpkin, walnuts, half the sage and nutmeg to the gnocchi and gently toss to combine. Divide evenly among serving plates. Dollop with goatu2019s curd and sprinkle with sage leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Gnocchi with roasted pumpkin and goats curdcalories: 760.498 calories
fatContent: 43 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 332.12 milligrams sodium