Feed a crowd with this delicious spiced roast pork served with cherry sauce and slaw.
The ingredient of Spiced roast pork with cherry sauce
- 2kg Coles Australian pork leg bone in
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) fresh cherries or frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cherry jam
- 250g pkt Coles Brand beetroot slaw
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Spiced roast pork with cherry sauce
- Preheat oven to 230C. Pat pork rind dry with paper towel. Combine salt, five spice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the salt mixture over the pork and massage it over the rind and into the cuts. Place pork on a rack in a baking tray and roast for 30 mins or until the rind begins to blister. Reduce oven temperature to 200u00b0C and roast for a further 1 hour 15 mins or until pork is cooked to your liking. Rest pork, covered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook for 2-3 mins or until softened. Add cherries, stock, vinegar, sugar and jam. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins or until sauce thickens and reduces slightly. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- To make the coleslaw, place beetroot slaw in a bowl. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice in a small jug. Season. Add to slaw along with the coriander leaves and toss to combine.
- Slice pork and serve with cherry sauce and slaw.
Nutritions of Spiced roast pork with cherry saucecalories: