This recipe for Moroccan lamb is a sweet alternative to the usual roast.
The ingredient of Moroccan lamb with roast carrot salad
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp orange rind
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 700g lamb leg mini roast, rosemary discarded
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 60g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp Chickpea dip (see related recipe)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
The instruction how to make Moroccan lamb with roast carrot salad
- Combine seasoning, garlic, orange rind, mint and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Place lamb in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Spoon over marinade. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes. Place carrot, honey and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Arrange carrot around lamb. Roast for a further 15 minutes. Add pistachios. Roast for a further 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer carrot and pistachios to a bowl. Stand lamb, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Using a fork, fluff couscous to separate grains. Add carrot mixture, spinach and currants to couscous. Stir to combine.
- Combine chickpea dip and orange juice in a small bowl. Slice lamb. Serve lamb with salad and drizzled with chickpea dressing.
Nutritions of Moroccan lamb with roast carrot saladcalories: 532.731 calories
fatContent: 28 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 14 grams sugar
proteinContent: 41 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 122 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 198.37 milligrams sodium