These tender pasta parcels will make you want to lick your plate clean. And theyre addictively fun to make too.
The ingredient of Ravioli with roast pumpkin, ricotta and spinach
- 490g plain flour or 400g fine Italian 00 flour
- 4 eggs
- 600g butternut pumpkin
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 160g frozen chopped spinach
The instruction how to make Ravioli with roast pumpkin, ricotta and spinach
- Place flour in a mound on a clean surface. Make a well in the centre. Add eggs. Gently whisk with a fork, using your other hand to secure the walls. Draw in the flour as you go.
- Bring the dough together. Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic and smooth. Sprinkle the dough with flour, wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Flatten 1 portion slightly. Set the pasta machine on the widest setting and flour the machine and dough well. Feed through the machine.
- Repeat 6 more times, folding the dough into thirds and turning it 90 degrees until its smooth and the same width as the machine (at least 12cm). Halve crossways. Continue to feed each dough half through the machine, separately, without folding, narrowing the machine settings 1 notch at a time, until you reach the second last setting. The pasta should be about 1mm-thick. Repeat with the remaining 3 dough portions to make another 6 sheets.
- Place 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces, on a lined baking tray. Spray with oil. Season. Roast the pumpkin at 200u00b0C for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Combine in a bowl with 400g fresh ricotta and 160g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, excess liquid removed.
- Place one prepared pasta sheet on a well-floured work surface. Place heaped teaspoons of filling at 5cm intervals, in 2 rows, on the sheet leaving a 2cm border around edges.
- Brush around the filling with water u2013 this helps keep the ravioli sealed. Top with a second pasta sheet and press firmly around the filling to seal and remove air pockets.
- Cut between the filling to make 5cm-square ravioli. Transfer the ravioli to a tray lined with floured non-stick baking paper. Continue with the remaining pasta and filling.
- Cook half the ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
Nutritions of Ravioli with roast pumpkin, ricotta and spinachcalories: 475.849 calories
fatContent: 11 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 8 grams sugar
proteinContent: 22 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 173 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 141.47 milligrams sodium