Pineapple adds sweetness while ginger adds zing to this modern twist on a classic roast.
The ingredient of Roast lamb with pineapple and ginger glaze
- 2 cups (500ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2.4kg Coles Australian Lamb Whole Leg Roast
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 60g fetta, crumbled
- Steamed asparagus, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast lamb with pineapple and ginger glaze
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place pineapple juice, brown sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 mins or until mixture reduces by half and has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pat lamb dry and place in a roasting pan. Brush with glaze. Roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make thin, evenly spaced cuts in the top of each potato, at about 5mm intervals, without cutting all the way through.
- Place potatoes around the lamb and drizzle with melted butter. Season with salt. Brush lamb with glaze and roast, brushing once with remaining glaze, for a further 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Top lamb with mint leaves and crumbled fetta and serve with potatoes and asparagus.
Nutritions of Roast lamb with pineapple and ginger glazecalories: