If youre wondering how to cook roast lamb a new way, consider this tasty recipe! Featuring pumpkin and balsamic vinegar, youll be adding this lamb recipe to your weekday menu in no time.
The ingredient of Roast lamb & pumpkin with balsamic vinegar
- 600g jap pumpkin, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 3 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 60mls (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (about 200g each) lamb backstraps (eye of loin)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Roast lamb & pumpkin with balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Combine pumpkin, onions and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting pan in single layer. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 of the lamb backstraps and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned and sealed on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with another 2 teaspoons of the oil and the remaining lamb.
- Push vegetables to one side of the roasting pan and add the sealed lamb. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the lamb. Roast for 8-10 minutes for medium. Remove the lamb from the pan, cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes to rest. Keep the pumpkin and onions in the oven until ready to serve.
- Combine the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the rocket leaves, roast pumpkin and onions among serving plates. Slice the lamb diagonally and arrange over the pumpkin and onions. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roast lamb & pumpkin with balsamic vinegarcalories: