The ingredient of Rolled roast rabbit with garlic and rosemary
- 500g Italian-style pork sausages
- 425g chicken mince
- 140g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (100g) grated parmesan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary, plus extra leaves for roasting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 x 1.8-2kg rabbits*, boned (ask your butcher to do this), bones reserved
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Rolled roast rabbit with garlic and rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Place sausage fillings (discard casings) in a bowl with chicken, crumbs, parmesan and onion. Peel and crush 2 garlic cloves and add to bowl with rosemary and egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Mixture should be quite fine, so pulse in a food processor if required.
- Lay rabbits on a work surface. Divide stuffing into two and shape each into a sausage just shorter in length than one rabbit. Place stuffing into rabbits, then fold in ends and sides to enclose. Use a needle and butchers twine to sew up rabbits and enclose filling.
- Place rabbits in a roasting pan, surround with reserved bones and add remaining garlic and rosemary. Add wine and oil, season well and roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting from time to time and adding more wine if pan becomes dry. When done, transfer rabbit to a baking tray, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Discard bones, reserve garlic and place roasting pan over medium heat. Add stock and stir to dislodge any pan scrapings. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then strain juices into a bowl.
- Slice rabbit and place on serving plates. Drizzle with pan juices and serve with caponata (see related recipe) and balsamic potatoes (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Rolled roast rabbit with garlic and rosemarycalories: 1190.459 calories
fatContent: 57 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 140 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 486 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1536 milligrams sodium