For a healthy yet satisfying meal, try this tasty roast beef, lentil and beetroot salad.
The ingredient of Roast beef, lentil and beetroot salad
- 800g beetroot, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 800g lean beef sirloin, fat trimmed
- 3/4 cup (180g) no-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp horseradish cream
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
The instruction how to make Roast beef, lentil and beetroot salad
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread beetroot, garlic and thyme on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with half the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tie beef with kitchen string at 4cm intervals. Season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Transfer roasted garlic to a plate and discard thyme. Bake beef with beetroot for a further 15 minutes or until beetroot is tender and beef is rare. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, squeeze flesh from garlic and finely chop. Combine garlic, yoghurt and horseradish cream in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Combine asparagus, beetroot, watercress, lentils and radish in a large bowl. Thinly slice beef. Top salad with beef and serve drizzled with horseradish dressing.
Nutritions of Roast beef, lentil and beetroot saladcalories: