Cut slices of beautiful roast pork with crispy skin and flavoursome stuffing.
The ingredient of Roast pork with pistachio couscous stuffing
- 2kg rolled pork loin, rind scored
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
The instruction how to make Roast pork with pistachio couscous stuffing
- Make stuffing: Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add pistachios. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until toasted. Add to couscous with sage and orange rind. Toss to combine. Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced.
- Remove string from pork. Unroll. Place on a board, skin-side down. Slice crossways through thickest part of meat without cutting through to skin. Open pork out to form 1 large piece. Press stuffing over pork. Roll up pork to enclose stuffing. Tie with kitchen string at 3cm intervals to secure. Rub with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place in a large roasting pan.
- Roast pork for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Roast for 1 hour 30 minutes or until juices run clear when pork is pierced with a skewer. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 15 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast pork with pistachio couscous stuffingcalories: 359.217 calories
fatContent: 11 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 1 grams sugar
proteinContent: 56 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 730.04 milligrams sodium