For a twist on traditional roast chook, try our zesty kaffir lime recipe.
The ingredient of Kaffir lime roast chicken
- 1.5kg whole fresh chicken
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, deseeded, cut into wedges
- 3 red onions, quartered, leaving base intact
- Kaffir lime leaves, extra, to serve
- Steamed baby buk choy, to serve
The instruction how to make Kaffir lime roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Combine the butter, lime leaves and garlic in a medium bowl. Run your fingers under the skin of the chicken to loosen the skin and create a large pocket. Press the butter mixture into the chicken pocket. Place the lime wedges in the cavity of the chicken. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and roast in oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from oven. Place the pumpkin and onion, in a single layer, around the chicken and turn to evenly coat in pan juices. Roast in oven for a further 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reserve the pan juices. Cover the chicken with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Transfer the pumpkin and onion to a wire rack over a baking tray and roast in oven for a further 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Place the chicken in a large serving dish and drizzle with the reserved pan juices. Top with the extra lime leaves and serve with the roasted pumpkin, onion and steamed baby buk choy.
Nutritions of Kaffir lime roast chickencalories: 638.369 calories
fatContent: 37 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 19 grams sugar
proteinContent: 51 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 214 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 216.69 milligrams sodium