Try this carrot version of classic hommus for a sweet twist on the traditional
The ingredient of Roasted carrot hommus
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 (350g) carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Gluten-free rice crackers, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted carrot hommus
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cumin, carrot and half the oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until carrot is golden and tender. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Place carrot, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and remaining oil in a food processor. Process until smooth (see tip). Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice crackers.
Nutritions of Roasted carrot hommuscalories: 211.037 calories
fatContent: 10.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1.4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 4.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 254 milligrams sodium