Impossibly throbbing pot roast oven-braised in beer afterward mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Beer Braised Pot Roast
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil for beef
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast nearly 4 lb.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lively brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil for vegetables
- 4 sprigs vivacious thyme
- 2 bottles Amber Ale or lager, 12 oz. per bottle
The instruction how to make Beer Braised Pot Roast
- Preheat the oven to 275u00b0F.
- Cut the onion into 1-inch thick wedges. Quarter the mushrooms. Remove the garlic cloves from their skins and smash with the back of a knife.
- Set a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot over high heat and add the olive oil.
- Place the beef on a large plate and coat on all sides with salt, black pepper, and brown sugar.
- Place the beef in the pot. Sear without moving until browned, 2 minutes. Flip the beef and sear an additional 2 minutes on the opposite side.
- Remove the beef from the pot and transfer to a large plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the olive oil to the pot. Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly pour the beer into the pot, gently scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Return the pot roast to the pot and add the thyme sprigs.
- Cover the pot and remove from the heat.
- Roast on middle rack of oven until the meat is extremely tender and easily shredded with a fork, 3 1/2-4 hours.
- Check to see that pot roast is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Transfer the pot roast to a large serving dish. Shred the meat with two forks. Use a slotted spoon to remove the mushrooms from the pot, and arrange over the pot roast. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Beer Braised Pot Roastcalories: 830 calories
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams
cholesterolContent: 185 milligrams
fatContent: 61 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 57 grams
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams
sodiumContent: 3720 milligrams
sugarContent: 6 grams