If youre looking for turkey taking into consideration beautiful crisp skin and tender, juicy meat thats seasoned all the habit through, strive for a dry brine. All you accomplish is coat the bird taking into consideration a blend of salt, sugar, and spices, and then chill it two to three days for the rub to penetrate the meat. To put it greater than the pinnacle for flavor, weve other a garlic-sage butter. Be Definite your turkey is thawed to the fore applying the dry brine to the skin; otherwise, as the turkey thaws, the seasoning mix will weep. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [David Bonom](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/David-Bonom).
The ingredient of Dry-Brined Roast Turkey in the manner of Garlic Sage Butter
- 16 pounds turkey roomy or thawed frozen
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt Diamond Crystal; or use 2 1/2 tablespoons Morton
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 garlic cloves finely grated or pressed
- 2 tablespoons spacious sage chopped, for smear
- 2 cups water or unsalted chicken broth
- roomy sage sprigs, optional, for serving
The instruction how to make Dry-Brined Roast Turkey in the manner of Garlic Sage Butter
- Pat the turkey dry inside and out with paper towels. Combine the salt, sugar, dried sage, black pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Rub the mixture over outside of entire turkey (top, bottom, sides) and inside the cavity.
- Set the turkey on a V-shaped rack in a roasting pan and refrigerate, uncovered, for 48-72 hours.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 425u00b0F.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, garlic, and chopped sage in a bowl. Rub the butter mixture all over turkey, including inside the cavity.
- Tuck the wing tips back under breasts and tie legs together with twine. Set the turkey back on the rack in the roasting pan with the breast side up.
- Pour the water or broth into bottom of roasting pan.
- Place the turkey on rack in lower third of oven, and reduce oven temperature to 325u00b0F. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 170u00b0F, 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- Check to see that turkey is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Set the turkey on a platter and let stand for 30 minutes before carving. Tuck fresh sage sprigs around turkey for serving, if desired.