Spoil your guests with this succulent herb-crusted rib roast!
The ingredient of Herb-crusted standing rib roast
- 1 (about 2kg) beef standing rib roast
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 heads of garlic, halved widthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) port
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel beef style stock
The instruction how to make Herb-crusted standing rib roast
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Season beef with salt and pepper. Spread fatty side with the mustard. Combine parsley, chives and thyme in a bowl. Sprinkle herb mixture over mustard. Place in a roasting pan.
- Arrange onion and garlic around beef. Drizzle with oil. Cook for 20 minutes in oven. Reduce temperature to 180u00b0C, and cook for a further 1 hour 15 minutes for medium (or until cooked to your liking).
- Remove from oven and transfer beef to a platter. Cover with foil and set aside for 30 minutes to rest. Transfer onion and garlic to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the gravy, place the roasting pan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a flat-sided spoon to lift any baked-on pan juices, for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Add the port and bring to the boil. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until gravy boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Strain though a sieve into a serving jug.
- Arrange onions and garlic around beef. Serve immediately with the port gravy.
Nutritions of Herb-crusted standing rib roastcalories: 651.992 calories
fatContent: 37 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 5 grams sugar
proteinContent: 62 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 155 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 549.17 milligrams sodium