Dip warm naan bread into this creamy spinach and coconut soup for a hearty winter main.
The ingredient of Spinach & coconut soup with naan
- 1 x 400g pkt herb & garlic flavoured naan
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 250g frozen spinach portions
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see notes)
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 90g (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
The instruction how to make Spinach & coconut soup with naan
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Wrap the naan in foil and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the spinach portions and stock, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until hot. Stir in the coconut milk and remove from heat. Use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir over low heat until hot. Combine the yoghurt and mint in a small bowl. Ladle soup among serving bowls and top with yoghurt mixture. Season with pepper and serve with naan
Nutritions of Spinach & coconut soup with naancalories: 570.015 calories
fatContent: 34 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 17 grams sugar
proteinContent: 14 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 19 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1079.71 milligrams sodium