Sweet, nutty burghul is lovely tossed with spicy roast veg and fresh herbs.
The ingredient of Lebanese roast salmon and cauliflower salad
- 135g (3/4 cup) fine grit burghul
- 1/2 (about 550g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tsp sumac, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large (about 470g) salmon fillets
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Lebanese roast salmon and cauliflower salad
- Preheat the oven to 210u00b0C/190u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the burghul in a bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside for 30 minutes to soak. Drain. Place in a clean tea towel. Squeeze out excess moisture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower and onion on 1 prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tbs oil. Season. Combine the sumac, cumin and coriander in a bowl. Sprinkle the vegetables with 1 tsp spice mixture. Roast, stirring once, for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Add the rind, 1 garlic clove and the remaining oil to the remaining spice mixture. Place the salmon on the remaining prepared tray. Season. Spread with the spice mixture. Roast salmon for the last 12 minutes of vegetable cooking time or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 3 minutes. Coarsely flake.
- Juice half the lemon. Combine the yoghurt, tahini, water, 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice and remaining garlic in a bowl. Season. Chop three-quarters of the herbs. Add vegies and chopped herbs to the burghul. Toss to combine. Divide among plates. Top with the salmon. Drizzle with the dressing and extra oil. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and extra sumac. Serve with remaining lemon.
Nutritions of Lebanese roast salmon and cauliflower saladcalories: 564.996 calories
fatContent: 30 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 39 grams protein