At their best in March, sweet plums are a super snack but they taste even better roasted and served with moist chocolate cake.
The ingredient of Flourless chocolate cake with roasted plums
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 5 eggs, separated
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 155g (1 1/2 cups) hazelnut meal
- 12 ripe plums, halved, stone removed, quartered
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, extra
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Flourless chocolate cake with roasted plums
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Fold in the chocolate mixture and hazelnut meal.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half the egg white to the chocolate mixture and fold with a metal spoon to combine. Fold in the remaining egg white. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 220u00b0C. Place the plums, in a single layer, in a baking dish. Top with the extra sugar. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender and a syrup forms. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cake into pieces. Divide cake and plums among serving plates. Top with cream. Drizzle over the syrup to serve.
Nutritions of Flourless chocolate cake with roasted plumscalories: 570.015 calories
fatContent: 38 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 44 grams sugar
proteinContent: 10 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 178 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 180.1 milligrams sodium