The zest of kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and chilli make this a juicy chicken recipe to impress the family with.
The ingredient of Kaffir lime and ginger roast chicken
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed
- 1 stem lemongrass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long fresh green chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh coriander roots, finely chopped
- 1 large (about 2kg) whole chicken
- Kaffir lime leaves, extra, crushed
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Kaffir lime and ginger roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the lime leaves, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander roots in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken cavity under cold water. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towel. Place in a roasting pan.
- Lift the skin under the breast. Spoon the lime leaf paste under the skin. Place the extra lime leaves in the chicken cavity. Tie legs together with kitchen sting. Drizzle with oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken in preheated oven, basing occasionally in pan juices, for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted in the thigh.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to rest before serving.
Nutritions of Kaffir lime and ginger roast chickencalories: 561.889 calories
fatContent: 20 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 1 grams sugar
proteinContent: 94 grams protein
sodiumContent: 200.98 milligrams sodium