Simply throw the ingredients for this French-style pork roast into the pot and leave to cook.
The ingredient of French-style pork pot roast
- 1.5kg piece pork scotch (neck)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced 2 carrots, diced
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, diced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 400g green beans, steamed
- Mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make French-style pork pot roast
- Place pork on a board. Using kitchen string, tie up at 5cm intervals to secure.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, remove the leaves from 4 sprigs thyme. Discard stems. Chop the garlic, thyme leaves and salt together until the garlic is very finely chopped. Rub all over the pork.
- Add pork to dish. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add apple, bay leaf, wine and remaining thyme sprigs. Simmer for 2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Add stock and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Season with pepper. Cover. Cook for 1 hour.
- Turn pork. Cook for 1 hour. Turn pork. Add mushroom to sauce mixture. Cook for a further 45 minutes or until pork is tender and mushroom is soft. Discard bay leaf and kitchen string from pork. Stir in parsley. Serve with beans and mashed potato.
Nutritions of French-style pork pot roastcalories: 718.673 calories
fatContent: 41.7 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 16.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 34.5 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 45.7 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 120 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 783 milligrams sodium