Try this combination of oven-roasted tomatoes and green beans for a summer salad with a difference.
The ingredient of Oven roasted tomato & bean salad
- 12 small egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 80mls (1/3 cup) virgin olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 500g green beans, topped
- 60g (3/4 cup) flaked Parmesan
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
The instruction how to make Oven roasted tomato & bean salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place tomatoes cut side up on a wire rack over a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush cut surface of tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Roast, uncovered, in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until tomatoes are shrivelled around sides but centres are soft. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, add the beans to a saucepan of boiling water and boil for 2 1/2 minutes or until tender crisp. (See microwave tip.) Refresh under cold running water and drain well. Place the tomatoes and beans in fridge until required.
- Divide tomatoes, beans and Parmesan among plates. Drizzle with remaining 60mls (1/4 cup) virgin olive oil and then the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritions of Oven roasted tomato & bean saladcalories: 173.992 calories
fatContent: 15 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 2 grams sugar
proteinContent: 6 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 134.05 milligrams sodium