Roast succulent stuffed pork with crispy crackling, then toss it together with some fresh greens for a quick and impressive main!
The ingredient of Roast pork, avocado and spinach salad
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2.2kg boned and rolled pork shoulder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Sliced avocado, to serve
- Cucumber ribbons, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast pork, avocado and spinach salad
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add pistachios and cranberries. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Stir through oregano, orange rind, orange juice and egg.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Untie pork shoulder and unroll. Place, fat-side down, on a chopping board. Place stuffing along centre. Roll up pork to enclose filling.
- Using kitchen string, tie pork at 4cm intervals to secure. Place in prepared roasting pan. Brush with remaining oil. Rub with salt. Season with pepper. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Roast for 1 hour or until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Set aside to cool.
- To serve: Stand pork at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Thinly slice. Place in a bowl with spinach, avocado and cucumber. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast pork, avocado and spinach saladcalories: 648.407 calories
fatContent: 43 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 52 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 214 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 550.4 milligrams sodium