This healthy, well-balanced lamb dinner is ideal for the whole family, and its perfect for leftovers.
The ingredient of Roast vegetables and chermoula lamb with couscous
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mild chermoula spice mix
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Massel vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 500g lamb backstrap
- plain yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast vegetables and chermoula lamb with couscous
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Place onion, tomatoes, sweet potato, eggplant, pumpkin and capsicum in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of chermoula mix. Toss to coat. Place on prepared trays. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, turning vegetables halfway during cooking, or until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Whisk boiling water and stock cube in a heatproof jug. Pour over couscous. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- Coat lamb in remaining chermoula. Season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add lamb. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice. Divide couscous between plates. Top with vegetables, lamb and a dollop of yoghurt. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast vegetables and chermoula lamb with couscouscalories: 832.198 calories
fatContent: 24 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 101 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 19 grams sugar
proteinContent: 45 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 80 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 307.46 milligrams sodium