Add the goodness of citrus and sweet baked strawberries to these fresh-from-the-oven custard tarts.
The ingredient of Almond custard tarts with roasted strawberries
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 95g (1 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen butter puff pastry, just thawed
- 375g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
The instruction how to make Almond custard tarts with roasted strawberries
- Bring the milk, sugar and almonds to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Set aside for 1 hour to infuse. Strain milk mixture into a jug. Discard almonds. Return milk mixture to pan.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks and flour in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale. Bring milk mixture to boil over medium heat. Gradually whisk milk mixture into egg mixture. Transfer to the pan. Bring to boil. Cook, whisking, for 1 minute or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in butter, almond essence and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla. Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Use a round 12cm pastry cutter to cut 6 discs from the pastry. Line six 3cm-deep, 9.5cm (base measurement) pie tins with the pastry discs. Prick the bases with a fork.
- Spoon custard into the pastry cases. Bake for 25 minutes or until custard is just set and the tarts are golden.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the strawberry, extra sugar and remaining vanilla on the prepared tray. Roast for 7-10 minutes or until the strawberry starts to soften. Add the orange and toss to combine.
- Top the tarts with the strawberry mixture. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Almond custard tarts with roasted strawberriescalories: 478 calories
fatContent: 24 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9.5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 14 grams protein