Feed your family this sensational cumin & salt-crusted pork roast with braised buk choy and baby carrots from Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Cumin and salt crusted pork roast
- 2 tbsp Coles Smart Buy Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup Coles Brand Real Chicken Liquid Stock
- 3 small buk choy (or pak choy), halved vertically
- 30g Coles Brand Unsalted Butter
- 1kg Coles Brand Easy Carve Pork Roast
- 1 tbsp Coles Brand Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coles Brand Ground Cumin
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 500g bag baby carrots, cut in half on an angle
The instruction how to make Cumin and salt crusted pork roast
- For the Pork: Preheat the oven to 250C or 230C fan-forced. Rub the pork shoulder with sea salt and cumin, working into the score marks and all over the shoulder. Place pork on a small rack in a large baking dish, skin side up. Roast for about 20 mins to crisp the skin.
- Reduce heat to 180C or 160C fan-forced and cook for another 45 mins or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre reads 55u02daC (as a rule, cook for 20-25 mins per 500g of weight).
- Once the pork is cooked, remove from the oven and stand for 15 mins to allow juices to settle.
- While pork is resting, prepare vegetables.
- For the Buk Choy and Baby Carrots: Heat oil in a large deep heavy-based frying pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the shallots, ginger and thyme and cook for 1 min. Add the carrots and cook for 2-3 mins, to soften slightly. Add the buk choy, cut side down, and cook for 2-3 mins, until slightly caramelised.
- Add the butter in small pieces around the buk choy.
- Add stock and soy sauce, bring to the boil, cover, cook for 2 mins then turn buk choy over. Simmer over low heat for 2 mins until cooked through and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Slice the pork with a serrated knife and serve with braised buk choy and carrots.
Nutritions of Cumin and salt crusted pork roastcalories: 753.806 calories
fatContent: 38.4 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 13.8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 25.5 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 7.8 grams sugar
proteinContent: 75.8 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 231 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 2810 milligrams sodium