Youll nonappearance to increase be credited with this special-occasion roast to your repertoire. Its made in the slow cooker and frees happening oven proclaim for the blazing of your dinner prep. Dont be tempted to skip browning the roast in front adding it to the slow cooker; it adds deep declare to the dish. help exceeding creamy polenta or mashed potatoes to round out the meal. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Ashley Strickland Freeman](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Ashley-Strickland-Freeman).
The ingredient of Slow Cooker Balsamic-Red Wine Pot Roast
- 4 large carrots
- 3 large shallots
- 1 tablespoon other virgin olive oil
- 1 boneless chuck roast 1 roast is 3-4 lb.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roomy brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon beef base jarred, such as Better than Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon tomato bonding agent
- 4 sprigs lighthearted thyme 3 inches each
- 1 sprig lively rosemary 3 inches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Cool water
- spacious thyme sprigs for gild
- blithe rosemary sprigs for titivate enhance
The instruction how to make Slow Cooker Balsamic-Red Wine Pot Roast
- Peel carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks, and cut large pieces in half again lengthwise.
- Peel shallots and cut in half through the root.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (for best browning, do not use a nonstick pan). Sprinkle chuck roast with salt and pepper. Brown roast on both sides in hot oil, turning as needed, 6-8 minutes total.
- Transfer roast to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots and shallots.
- Pour red wine into hot frying pan used to brown roast. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet using a wooden spoon. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, beef base, and tomato paste. Pour mixture over roast in slow cooker.
- Top roast and vegetables with fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting until roast is tender when pierced with a fork, 6 hours.
- Transfer roast from slow cooker to a cutting board and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Whisk together flour and cold water in a small saucepan. Measure 1 cup cooking liquid and strain into pan, whisking. Bring to a boil, whisking often. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, until gravy is thickened, 5 minutes.
- Slice meat and arrange on platter with vegetables. Spoon gravy on top. Scatter fresh herbs over roast and vegetables, and serve.
Nutritions of Slow Cooker Balsamic-Red Wine Pot Roastcalories: 510 calories
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams
cholesterolContent: 100 milligrams
fatContent: 29 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 31 grams
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams
sodiumContent: 560 milligrams
sugarContent: 9 grams