Cross-rib chuck roast – after that called "bread and butter" roast – is an easy-to-make, cost-effective protein choice.
The ingredient of Easy Bread and Butter Roast Beef
- 3 pounds beef cross-rib chuck roast
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 cup beef broth help 1/2 cup if needed
The instruction how to make Easy Bread and Butter Roast Beef
- Season the roast liberally on all sides with the salt and black pepper. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Place the roast in center of the roasting pan. Rub the butter evenly over exposed surface of beef. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, if desired. Pour enough beef broth into the pan to reach 1/4 inch deep.
- Roast the beef on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250u00b0F. Continue roasting beef until meat reaches an internal temperature of 135-140u00b0F for medium doneness, 90-120 minutes.
- Check to see that roast is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 145u00b0F.
- Transfer the roast to a serving platter. Carve and serve.
Nutritions of Easy Bread and Butter Roast Beefcalories: 60 calories
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams
cholesterolContent: 15 milligrams
fatContent: 6 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3.5 grams
sodiumContent: 300 milligrams